Frys Peppermint Cream
See the ALLERGENS & NUTRITIONAL INFO. tab below for further ingredients' details
Where do I begin? Fry's are one of the oldest confectionery companies in the world and have been supplying the nation with delicious, rich and high-quality chocolate bars since 1866. J. S. Fry & Sons, nowadays just known as simply Fry's, was originally founded in Bristol in 1761.
There is a lot to cover as the company have been in the chocolate business for centuries. We love our chocolate facts and as Fry's were the original confectionery company, we've listed our favourite Fry's facts to celebrate their history and heritage
- J. S. Fry & Sons became the largest commercial chocolate producer in the UK in 1822 - hard to believe with the likes of Cadburys and Mars today!
- Fry's developed a method of manufacturing chocolate bars on a mass scale in 1847 and by 1866 Fry's Chocolate Cream was launched
- In 1919, Fry's merged with Cadbury and Egbert Cadbury became managing director. He aided the move of the Fry's firm from Bristol to Somerdale Garden City.
- Did you know Fry's were the first company to produce the Chocolate Easter Egg in 1873!
- The Fry's family were all devout Quakers and known for their kindness and generosity.Fry's Peppermint Creams
The iconic Fry's Peppermint Cream chocolate bar has been in our shops for over 80 years. The thin rectangular bars allow you to snap off some now and save the rest for a sweet treat later or indulge yourself in the full bar (we know what we would do, yum!) Perfect for an after-dinner treat, or the Fry's Peppermint Cream is a well-rounded classic.
If you want to experience more of the delicious Fry's Cream bar selection or just if mint isn't your favourite flavour, we have you covered! The iconic Fry's Chocolate Cream is one of the first chocolate bars to be invented and was launched in 1866. Anything that has been around for that long MUST be good right?
Or if you are in a fruity mood, there is a classic Orange Cream
flavour to curb your chocolate and orange cravings. Or if you want to try something a bit more contemporary, there is always the Raspberry Cream
option for you. This one is my favourite!Fun Fry's Facts!
Fry's launched their iconic Fry's Five Centres bars in 1934 which contained fondant flavouring of orange, raspberry, lime, strawberry, and pineapple or they were also available to purchase in orange, coffee, vanilla, lime, and raspberry centres. They were discontinued in 1992 but have a retro cult following and are greatly missed - do you remember them?
Frys Peppermint Cream are also available as part of these fantastic gift sets