(Fruit flavour jelly sweets)
See the ALLERGENS & NUTRITIONAL INFO. tab below for further ingredients' details
A Brief History of Watermelons
Watermelons were cultivated as far back as 2,500 B.C. Native to Africa, they're now a favoured fruit across the globe. Like many other tropical fruits, their flavourings in confectionary are popular all year round - and this also goes for Watermelon Slices. We stock them 365 days a year so you can have a little taste of summer whenever you like!
Watermelon Slices are stereotypically a bright pink colour with black seeds and a two-toned green chewy rind. However, real Watermelons can come in over 1,200 varieties worldwide, and many of them are different in appearance. Some have a soft rind, vary in weight and size and also colour (orange, yellow or even white). It seems a bit strange to picture a white Watermelon!Fun Watermelon Facts! -
Expand your knowledge of Watermelons with the fun facts below!
Got some extra Watermelon Slices?
- You can eat the entire fruit - pickle the rind and dry roast the seeds
- Each watermelon is around 92% water
- Ancient Egyptians buried Watermelons in the tombs, so their loved ones had a source of water on their journey to the afterlife!
- In Japan, a breed of square Watermelons has been developed so they can be sold as novelty gifts
- The Watermelon is a fruit around the world apart from the state of Oklahoma where is was changed to uproar in 2007
- Decorate cupcakes or a cake for a summer barbeque or a children's birthday party. Simply place the Watermelon Slices onto the frosting on top of a cake for a fruity twist!
- Use them to garnish a tropical cocktail or fruity lemonade for an extra refreshing treat. There are plenty of Watermelon cocktails that you could have fun making and garnishing with a sweet Watermelon Slice.
- Mix into fruit juice and freeze in an ice lolly maker - these make a great surprise for children on a hot summer’s day. If you can't get your hands on Watermelon Juice, other tropical fruits such as pineapple or mango would go down a treat.
If you just can't get enough of watermelon sweets, you'll be glad to know that we offer a few other Watermelon flavoured confectionery. Fizzy Watermelon Chunks
are covered in a fizzy sugary coating. If you are a bubble-gum fan, we also stock Watermelon Gummy Balls
with a fizzy surprise inside! And last but not least, if you are after something more subtly flavoured with Watermelon, our Watermelon Lollies
are what you're looking for!