(Fruit flavour jelly sweets)
See the ALLERGENS & NUTRITIONAL INFO. tab below for further ingredients' details
A Brief History of Watermelons
Watermelons were cultivated as far back as 2,500 B.C. Native to Africa, they're now a favoured fruit across the globe. Like many other tropical fruits, their flavourings in confectionary are popular all year round - and this also goes for Watermelon Slices. We stock them 365 days a year so you can have a little taste of summer whenever you like!
Watermelon Slices are stereotypically a bright pink colour with black seeds and a two-toned green chewy rind. However, real Watermelons can come in over 1,200 varieties worldwide, and many of them are different in appearance. Some have a soft rind, vary in weight and size and also colour (orange, yellow or even white). It seems a bit strange to picture a white Watermelon!Fun Watermelon Facts! -
Expand your knowledge of Watermelons with the fun facts below!
Got some extra Watermelon Slices?
- You can eat the entire fruit - pickle the rind and dry roast the seeds
- Each watermelon is around 92% water
- Ancient Egyptians buried Watermelons in the tombs, so their loved ones had a source of water on their journey to the afterlife!
- In Japan, a breed of square Watermelons has been developed so they can be sold as novelty gifts
- The Watermelon is a fruit around the world apart from the state of Oklahoma where is was changed to uproar in 2007
- Decorate cupcakes or a cake for a summer barbeque or a children's birthday party. Simply place the Watermelon Slices onto the frosting on top of a cake for a fruity twist!
- Use them to garnish a tropical cocktail or fruity lemonade for an extra refreshing treat. There are plenty of Watermelon cocktails that you could have fun making and garnishing with a sweet Watermelon Slice.
- Mix into fruit juice and freeze in an ice lolly maker - these make a great surprise for children on a hot summer’s day. If you can't get your hands on Watermelon Juice, other tropical fruits such as pineapple or mango would go down a treat.
If you just can't get enough of watermelon sweets, you'll be glad to know that we offer a few other Watermelon flavoured confectionery. Fizzy Watermelon Chunks
are covered in a fizzy sugary coating. If you are a bubble-gum fan, we also stock Watermelon Gummy Balls
with a fizzy surprise inside! And last but not least, if you are after something more subtly flavoured with Watermelon, our Watermelon Lollies
are what you're looking for!
Genuine Customer Comments
See loads more reviews on our Wall of Love